‘Tis the season. Online shopping increases, and delivery of those packages on your doorstep is more common. Thieves know that. They follow delivery trucks and look for opportunities to take your purchases from your doorstep.
What can you do?
- Have your packages delivered to a location they can be received in person, such as a neighbor or relative’s house.
- If the retailer offers the option, select a delivery time when you know someone is home.
- Consider having the package delivered to the store for pick-up.
- Take advantage of delivery alerts so you can be notified when your package arrives, and ask a trusted neighbor to retrieve your package.
- You can request delivery instructions that allow your package to be out of sight from the road.
- USPS, FedEx, and UPS all offer a service to hold your package at their facility, letting you decide when to pick it up.
- Security webcams from your front door.
Be a good neighbor. If you see someone suspicious on your neighbors property, call the police immediately, and provide good witness information.
This Saturday November 19th, Brentwood HS plays Lamar at 1:00pm in a State semi-final football game. The winner will play in the State final on Nov 25th in Springfield. Congratulations to the Eagle squad. This is a big day for all Eagles, present and past, as well as the Brentwood community. Hopefully everyone will try to come to the game and support the home team.
Here are some things you need to know:
1. We are anticipating a huge crowd. Lamar travels well. They may bring up to 700 people.
2. Gates will open at 11:00am. Concessions will be open at that time. The Moritz Avenue entrance will be available.
3. Parking on White Ave., between High School and St. Clair, will be limited. Spaces for handicap parking and the Lamar buses will limit availability to others.
4. A shuttle will be provided for those parking at McGrath or Mt. Calvary.
5. Please make an effort to walk to the game if you can. Parking will be a challenge.
6. Did I mention, parking will be a challenge? Please be patient. Officers will be in the area to assist motorists. Please be good hosts to the folks from Lamar. They are driving a long way, and will not be familiar with the area. Maybe you could offer your driveway for parking.
7. Those of you who live in the area of the high school, may want to plan your Saturday with all of this in mind.
Good Luck Eagles!